Please read and fill out this for to reserve a room at the Lodge at Cocktail Slough for the Lake Martin 100 (Sorry, this is a requirement of Russell Lands)
RENTAL AGREEMENT FOR THE LODGE AT COCKTAIL SLOUGH OWNED BY RUSSELL LANDS, ALEXANDER CITY, AL.
This agreement constitutes a contract between the guest(s) and Southeastern Trail Runs, LLC, 4697 Bridgewater Rd., Birmingham, Alabama 35243. Please read this Rental Agreement thoroughly. Any monies received by Southeastern Trail Runs, LLC for occupancy of The Lodge at Cocktail Slough, owned by Russell Lands, indicate the acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Rental Agreement. It is the responsibility of the guest(s) to be familiar with all policies within this agreement. This rental agreement is entered into by and between the renter, hereinafter referred to as “Guest” and Southeastern Trail Runs, LLC, hereinafter referred to as the “Lessee.” Southeastern Trail Runs, LLC is hereinafter referred to as “STR.”
1. Reservation Requirements- Reservations are not considered “guaranteed” until a signed rental agreement and payment of 50% of the rental fee is received. STR will hold the room for 5 days after this agreement is submitted by the Guest. The deposit check for 50% of the total rent must be received by STR within that 5 day period. STR will send out email notices of Balance Due on the remaining balance for the reserved room on February 10, 2017. Please watch your email for the notice. The remaining balance is due by February 17, 2017. If we do not receive the balance of your room by February 17, 2017, your room may be offered to the next person on the wait list. You will receive a full refund.
Required Deposit: Two nights – total rent - $300 Amount of deposit due - $150.
2. Two night stay required- Reservations are for Friday night, March 17 and Saturday Night, March 18, 2017. Lodge rooms may also be available the week before and Sunday night following the race. Contact us for information on how to reserve additional nights.
3. Cancellations- Guests can cancel their reservation on or before February 16, 2017 with no cancellation fee. Your full deposit will be returned. In case of cancellation between February 17, 2017 through March 9, 2017 the Guest will receive a full refund if, and only if, the room reserved is subsequently rented by another guest. If the cancellation is make after March 9, 2017 no refund can be given.
4. Refund Policy- The Lodge at Cocktail Slough is owned by Russell Lands and STR has no control over maintenance issues or mechanical repairs. If there are problems with the Lodge that cannot be resolved and Russell Lands allow STR to withdraw from its lease agreement, all registered guests will receive full refunds of rental fees. If Russell Lands does not deem the problems or issues sufficient to cancel the agreement between Russell Lands and STR then no refunds can be given.
5. Acts of God- STR shall not be liable for events beyond their control which may interfere with Guest occupancy, including but not limited to Acts of God, acts of governmental agencies, fire, flood, strikes, war or inclement weather. No refund will be offered in these circumstances unless STR is reimbursed by Russell Lands for lease expenses.
6. Check-In/Check-Out Times- CHECK-IN TIME- Guests are free to check in anytime between 12:00 noon and 7:00 pm. Keys will be available at the registration and package pickup table. Check-out time is 11:00 a.m. Sunday unless you are staying over Sunday Night. If the Lodge is not rented Monday we may be able to extend the check-out time to later in the day. If you will be arriving at any time other than the above stated time please make arrangements with us to leave your key at a specified location.
7. Maximum Occupancy- At all times, the maximum occupancy is four persons per room. There are no exceptions per Russell Lands. All rooms have two full beds and private baths.
8. Unit Selection- Rooms will be assigned on a first come basis. Lake view rooms are offered first.
9. Pets- NO PETS are allowed in or on the premises. If you are staying at the Lodge at Cocktail Slough, please DO NOT bring your pet. You will not be allowed to stay at The Lodge at Cocktail Slough and we will not be able to refund our room fee. This is a Russell Land's policy. We have no option here.
10. Indemnification and Hold Harmless- Guest(s) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Owner, Russell Lands and STR for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guest(s) use and occupancy of the Lodge at Cocktail Slough including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by Guest(s).
11. Violation of Agreement- If Guest(s) violates any of the conditions of this Agreement, the Owner or STR may terminate this Agreement and enter premises. Upon notice of termination of the Agreement, Guest(s) shall vacate the premises immediately and forfeit all rents.
12. A full kitchen, wet bar, large living room and fireplace and decks overlooking the lake are available for Lodge guests only. There is also a dock with mooring space for several boats. Come early, relax and enjoy a few days at the lake.
Please read, sign, return this agreement to Southeastern Trail Runs. We will hold your room for 5 days after receiving this completed form. We cannot accept credit card payments so please mail your deposit check immediately to:
Southeastern Trail Runs
220 Normandy Ln
Chelsea, AL 35043
By signing this agreement, I certify that I have read and fully agree to all of the above policies on this rental agreement. Reservations are for March 18& 19, 2016.